The safety and well-being of every child who walks through our doors is, and will always be, our number one priority. Top Gun will continue to aspire to be a safe space for young people to pursue athletic excellence without fear of predation, exploitation, or abuse. We take our role in protecting athletes very seriously and want to share with you the policies we already have in place to ensure your child’s safety:
- All Top Gun coaches and staff, regardless of whether they coach teams, classes, private lessons, or work in the office, are required to register with the USASF and complete a background check. Adult athletes competing on our open teams are also required to register with the USASF and complete a background check.
- All Top Gun coaches and staff complete training through the U.S. Center for SafeSport to help recognize and prevent sexual abuse.
- Top Gun and USASF policies dictate that coaches should avoid any situation that puts them alone with a minor.
- Top Gun and USASF policies mandate that all communication with athletes be visible and professional in nature.
- Top Gun owners have an open door policy and encourage you to voice concerns to them without fear of retribution.
- Top Gun facilities have video surveillance for monitoring.